When Life Gets You Down | A Love Letter To Blogging

Wednesday 25 January 2017 • 2 comments

I'm sure why, but whenever I'm feeling sad or a bit out of depth, and life keeps throwing curveballs at me, I immediately load up my blog. Writing is instinctively what I do, and I know that after I'm emptied my heart onto a blank screen, I feel so much better. With music on in the background, I cannot think of anything more therapeutic for me. There's something special about putting your unspoken thoughts into words, and truly understanding how you feel and why. It gets things sorted in my brain, and it's become my favourite thing to do.

It's not only writing, but reading other other people's posts, and being inspired by how you are all absolutely killing it with your writing and your pictures which make me want to pick myself up and feel better. Or realising that someone else knows how I feel and seeing their own thoughts, as if we're all part of a big, beautiful network of support, comfort, inspiration and wonder.





Blogging is something which can split people, I've seen news articles condemning bloggers for promoting their healthy and apparently unrealistic lifestyles, or claiming that people only get into blogging for fame and free products, or my professor condescendingly referring to bloggers as wannabe writers. But I love it, I love seeing tips to have the perfect Sunday, ideas of how to perfect wearing glitter eyeshadow or a casual reminder that I should probs do some exercise.

This week I was feeling pretty low after someone close to me really let me down, making me question myself, my worth, and what the point of trusting even is. But after writing a few posts, reading love stories which could have been crafted by Cupid and seeing some funky new gym gear, I'm like you know what? I'm gonna spend time working on me, I'm going to perfect healthy dishes, actually get some worth out of my gym membership, blog regularly and make myself the best version of me. So that when someone worth my while comes along, I'll still be sassy and confident (except with better eyeliner).


My grandpa said something beautiful too, which applies to a multitude of situations. He told me that we should learn from everything, and that all experiences, whether good or bad, make us who we are, and build up an emotional armour so that we can face anything ahead of us. (He also suggested alternatively making a dart board with someone's face on it, but that's a bit less zen...)

Although I started this blog over a year ago, my posts had always been somewhat sporadic until recently when I just fell in love with blogging and suddenly I couldn't post enough. For the first time ever, I actually have posts written and scheduled, and although there's a lot of words and random rants from my brain, I hope you reading it get something from them. Photography is my next challenge....

Honor xxx

2 comments