Blog Changes | Student View of Oslo!

Saturday 7 January 2017 • 4 comments

Yep, you read that right! Two days ago I left England and arrived in Oslo to study at the university here for six months... So expect to see less Waterloo Bridge and London, and more fjords, snow and puff jackets!




I've always adored travelling, and the study abroad options were a big factor in considering which university to apply for, so this move has been a while in the making. Although there were options all across the world, Europe was really where I wanted to study. Amazing history, beautiful architecture, not a complete culture shock, and close enough that friends could come and visit to.



It might not be the obvious choice, but Oslo was my number one destination from the first time I read the list of universities I could study at. I fell in love with the country after a holiday cruising the Western fjords, and I find the Scandinavian way of life so healthy and invigorating.


Still a capital city, Oslo has a complete different, and quite refreshing vibe to London. From the minute I started exploring, I found it had a far more relaxed atmosphere. People weren't pushing past people in a rush, or hurrying down streets (but that could be due to how slippy the ice is...)



It's also an incredibly beautiful city. The architecture is grand and inviting, and the many parks are a dream to walk around when dusted with snow. The harbour promenade and view across the fjord is already one of my favourite places. I've only been here two days, but I've done so much walking and exploring I think I've already got a feel for the city and know my way around the main areas. It's quite a compact city I think, although I'm sure six months won't be long enough to live here!



The only downside is the cold... Getting off the plane to -15 temperatures was quite a shock to the system, but if that, and homesickness are my only problems so far, I can live with that.





My induction starts on Monday, so I'm looking forward to meeting people and getting involved with the uni! Wish me luck with coping with the cold...

Honor xxx

(Excuse the slightly dodgy iPhone snaps, haven't got round to taking proper shots on my camera in between hurrying around getting sorted!)

4 comments

  1. Ahhh yay please keep these posts up! I want to hear everything about your adventure in Oslo! It looks so beautiful, but you must be freezing! Love you loads <3

    Lois | www.aworthytrend.com

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yay I'm so glad! I'm definitely going to write more about my time here. Love you too!

      Honor xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow!! It looks beautiful and so interesting. What an amazing thing to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous! Can definitely recommend a visit here :)

      Delete