My Makeup Must Haves

Friday 20 January 2017 • 2 comments

I, Honor Jane, am a makeup guru wannabe. I would like to be that girl on the street with the perfect flick on her eyeliner, precisely lined red lips reminiscent of the 1950s, perfectly popping cheekbones and a glow that comes from highlighter or some sort of magic. 

But I am not this girl.

I am one with contouring which sometimes looks like I've applied it in the dark (tbf, it's dark lots of the time in Oslo so I may have done), eyeliner which never matches, and I rarely remember to try an interesting lip colour.

(I do like my eyebrows though, I'll give myself that)

But with the following products, I have DEFINITELY upped my game. Watch out all you incredible makeup youtubers, I'm coming for ya....



Eyes

Without a doubt, my favourite part of my face is my eyes. I inherited incredibly blue eyes from my dad (I'm just glad I got that and not his nose...), and so my general aim with make up is to accentuate this. I've never really invested in quality products, and I'm guilty of using ancient eyeshadows I found stashed away in my draw. But these four products have given me a whole new level of make up inspo.




I've been lusting after these for SO long, and I've only ever heard my friends raving about them. Ive never used shimmer and metallic shades which are so pigmented, I could hardly believe it the first time I put them on and they look pretty much the same as they did in the palette. 

You can create so many different combinations and looks, from day to night, safe in the knowledge that they really will last.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to get Naked....



You know those times when by the end of the day your eyeshadow has faded, has a weird creased line and looks all dry and patchy, if it's even there at all? Well this solves those problems!

It kinda acts as a magnet for your eyeshadow, giving it major staying power and minimising dodgy looking lines, so you can slay with your eyes all day. It's not the cheapest, but it lasts for aaaaaages.


Before I start to sound like an Urban Decay promoter, look, a new brand! Confession, when my v make up wise bestie looked at my collection of make up brushes, she was legit appalled by my selection. So enter this babe of a christmas present from her, which has totally changed my make up. Gone are obvious changes in shades and a general childlike vibe, replaced by babin' blending and subtle shadows.

Unlike some other brushes out there, by MAC etc, it's such a bargain and can definitely hold it's own against the more expensive ones.


A lot of my decent make up either comes from, or is influenced by my friend, but that's definitely the beautiful of blogging and being stereotypical girls getting ready together and whatsapping about make up. She saw Zoella wearing this, and recommended it to make my blue eyes pop. And daym it definitely does. It's a nice mix between trying a bold new shade, and not being difficult to use. Just rub over your eyelids, blend and you're good to go if you're in a rush!

Bonus- you'll have change from a fiver!

Skin

If I could change one thing about myself, it would be to have perfect skin. I'm plagued by acne on my forehead and chin, an oily T-Zone, and it's so sensitive. Since taken various medication it's got a lot better, but having quite a bumpy base means putting make up on that bit harder. Personally I've never been a fan of liquid foundations, instead trying the multitude of power foundations out there.



I'm a massive fan of this product, it's perfect for a light coverage and covering up certain areas, but can be built up to create a much heavier finish- perfect for temperamental skin types!

It lasts pretty well, probably not as long as a liquid one, but with a decent primer, it's generally still intact after a day at uni. I love how it feels on my skin, like there's nothing on my skin and it can breathe. There's so many different shades (Caspar the ghost over here is the second palest lol), so there's probably something to suit most skin types.



It look a long time for me to jump on the highlighting trend. I'd seen too many people walking around looking like they'd smeared yellow glitter on their cheeks, and tbh I wasn't convinced. But I'd heard such good things about this palette, and read about the benefits of highlighting on many beauty blogs, so I caved and got this palette.

It's definitely altered my perspective on highlighting, and showed me that it can be extremely subtle and feature emphasising. (Although I did get asked if I'd put glitter on my cheeks over Christmas when the sun was shining directly at me, not sure if that's the desired effect...)

So there you go, this makeup novice must haves! 

Honor xxx









2 comments

  1. I am loving all your posts Honor. Really inspired by your make-up choices - some of my favourites too! Really must get one of those Urban Decay palettes - it looks amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I can definitely recommend them- bit of a splurge but worth it! x

      Delete