Living In The Now | Life's Special Moments

Monday 23 January 2017 • 2 comments

You know those times when at that exact moment, everything is beautiful and peaceful? When you're with people who mean everything to you, and suddenly you catch someone's eye and their smile warms your insides and time goes a little bit slower. Or when you're standing still, the only sounds the whisper of a breeze, and the sunset is so astounding that the sky looks like its burning up in beauty. Or when you're driving somewhere, with the windows down and your favourite song is playing, and you just think, if life was always like this, it would be pretty incredible.


I call them snapshot moments. Like those times that stand out when you reminisce, the pictures that would be clearer and more vibrant in a scrapbook filled with memories. They can be times you least expect it, like a last minute picnic in Regent's Park over summer, a barn dance with my friends or a party you weren't that excited about. Or they can be those moments you knew would be amazing, but you had no idea they could be this incredible, like seeing the milky star shine brightly above me on a desolate campsite in Peru, or floating down the Thames with your best friends dressed up to the nines, or having my family to come and visit me this weekend in Oslo.

My mum, brother and I watched the sunset from Eight, a rooftop bar with beautiful designed cocktails, heaters to protect us from the cold, with lights flickering below. I feel pretty relaxed most of the time in this incredible city, but just sitting, and enjoying the stunning beauty with two of my favourite people in the world, I was completely at peace.


The skies here are just incredible, and although pictures cannot do it justice, you can see the colours and ferocity of the dying light.

So although now I'm sitting here writing this, and feeling ever so slightly lonely after they've gone, I know I'll be able to look back at this weekend and remind myself why I should always keep pushing myself, trying new things and experiencing everything the world has to offer. It's moments like these which remind you how beautiful life is, and when things get a little bit worse, you can think that there will be even more amazing times ahead of you.

When there are those days where everything seems to go wrong, no one gets you, your favourite jeans don't fit or you have a massive spot right on your nose and you're doing your best Rudolph impression, think back to those special times. I've been feeling pretty meh today, just having one of those days, but writing up this has got me feeling a whole lot better. Not quite bouncing off the ceiling, but like I've sifted through my thoughts and put things back into perspective.


So Oslo, what else are you gonna throw my way? I'm excited to find out, particularly as the weather starts getting warmer....

I know this evening it's a pretty stellar combination of friends, lots of pasta shaped carbs, possibly a sneaky G and T, and trying to ignore the fact my legs want to cry every time I move them because lol gym you killed me.

What are your favourite snapshot moments?

Honor xxx





2 comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Happy New Year to you and your family!! Dominica from London, www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, that means a lot! xxx

      Delete