Day Tripping | Edinburgh

Monday 31 August 2015 • No comments

This summer I seem to have got around the country a lot, and recently I went to stay with my grandmother in Cumbria. It was so lovely and peaceful- this was the main source of traffic we came across! I've spent almost every summer here since I was a child and it is a place firmly entrenched in my heart, it feels like a whole world away from the bustle of London and I always leave with a sense of peace.




From there, I visited Edinburgh for the day and saw some brilliant shows at the Fringe there, discovering a few gems I thought I'd share with you all. It's such a beautiful city and going there felt like a mini break for me. When I hear the word 'Staycation' I'm never that excited but even going up to Scotland felt like a real holiday for me, definitely something to consider when you're on a budget and want to get away.


As mentioned in my last post, the highlight for me was seeing Austentatious, but I also caught another show, Adventures Of The Improvised Sherlock Holmes.



As the title suggests, the actors improvised a new Sherlock Holmes story based on audience suggestions, (I'm almost glad they didn't pick out mine and my mumma's 'Shercock and the Red Light District- that could have made for an awkward 60 minutes...) This is a laugh out loud production and I really admire the fast paced nature of it and the way the actors can think on their feet.


This made for hungry work, and so we headed to a gorgeous Italian restaurant, Gustos. It has the most incredible decor which will give you some major home inspiration- low hanging lights, charcoal walls covered in black and white prints, cosy booths... Oh, and the food is pretty good too.

As a vegetarian I sometimes struggle to find something I love on the menu, but the Rosemary Focaccia and Tagliatelle Arrabiata more than surpassed my expectations. It was simply but beautifully presented and tasted amazing- what more could you ask for?

It's not overly cheap, but I got the smaller version of pasta which was more than enough for me and helped cut the cost almost in half! Sometimes those little indulgences are definitely worth it.


I kept my outfit simple and cosy, with one of my favourite new pieces for A/W, a suede look A line skirt from Stradivarius- such good value and is about 1/3 of the cost of a similar Topshop style.

Jumper | MissGuided

Skirt | Stradivarius

Honor xxx



Post a Comment