Day Tripping | Oxford

Wednesday 19 August 2015 • 4 comments

I seem to have spent a lot of time in Oxford recently, but it's such a beautiful and varied city that I haven't done the same things twice!

My best friend and I went shopping and had a general explore of the city, and I couldn't resist snapping a quick car selfie of her chauffeur role for the day.




If you're looking for a quick pick me up, away from the many, many chains of Starbucks, Costa etc, then I can't recommend The Grand Cafe more. It's in a great location on the High Street, and the decor is so special, think floor to ceiling mirrors, palm trees and marble pillars. Plus about 20 kinds of loose tea (I'd recommend the peach) and to die for scones!


My outfit was almost entirely Topshop, I can't keep away from there! The bomber jacket is this season, and I got the dress and shoes in the summer, the latter of which are now in the sale so snap them up when you can. The handbag is one of my prized possessions, it was an 18th birthday present from my mumma, thank goodness for outlet stores and those amazing discounts...



Bomber jacket| £55 | Topshop

Shirt dress (similar) | £39 | Topshop

Satin trainers | £15 |  Topshop

Handbag (similar) | £345 | Tory Burch

The next outing was very different. Ex(c)iting Game in Oxford is a race against time to complete various puzzles to solve an overall mystery. There are similar things all across the country, so if you have a free afternoon and are bored, I can't recommend this enough- it's quirky and extremely fun.


We ended up going twice and came up with two team names as luckily- or was it just pure skill...?- we ended up winning and making it onto the leader board! Our first name was Norfolk 'n' Chance (say it in a Geordie accent) and our second is below. Before you try reading that for alternative meanings, it doesn't, we were umming and ahhing trying to find a name to rival the previous week's and 'Binoculars & Stuff' was just Aaron eavesdropping on what Lewis was saying!




If you're visiting Oxford, or even live there and are looking for new haunts, I hope you take something useful from this post!

Honor xxx






4 comments

  1. LOVE your recommendations. Can't wait to return to The Grand Cafe! Great post :)

    Lois | www.aworthytrend.blogspot.co.uk

    xx


    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos from your trip- looks like you had fun! Makes me want to visit Oxford soon :) x

    Ps. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can check your nomination out below! xxxx

    http://thefreckledfieldnotes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun few days! You definitely should, it's such a lovely place- I feel very lucky to live nearby!

      Oh wow thank you so much, that's made my day :) xxx

      Delete