Music | Counterfeit

Monday 24 August 2015 • 3 comments

If I had a choice of how to spend an evening, going to a gig would be top of my list pretty much all the time. There's really no feeling like hearing the voice that's sung you to sleep, motivated you in the gym, got you over heartbreak, from 5 metres away.  Or the way the music spreads through your body until that's all you think about, or lusting over the skinny jean clad guitar players, or even the way you walk out sweaty, ears ringing, probably covered in warm beer... Okay so maybe 1/5 times I'd take a hot bath with a glass of wine and a good book. 

But if the voice that's the soundtrack to your life is Taylor Swift, or Foo Fighters, or Jay Z, tickets to see them in a massive arena where they're a little pinprick on a stage far away can set you back at least £70. Not particularly in a student budget. Sigh.

Luckily I've found some amazing up and coming bands, and their relative obscurity means that tickets are super cheap, plus there are perks like smaller venues. (Excuse the awful photography, I was too busy dancing...)




Such a band for me is Counterfeit, previously known as The Darling Buds, so if you're going to head to YouTube, they haven't got many tracks up yet as their new persona- but I'll link at the end. They're headed by the actor/model Jamie Campbell Bower, who you might recognise from Sweeney Todd, or staring down at you from Burberry adverts, and feature the brilliant Tristan Marmont on lead guitar, and the ever so charming Roland Johnson on bass.

I've seen them twice as The Darling Buds in two pretty intimate venues, and their sound was so raw and exciting, getting the audience behind them in a matter of moments (not going to lie- it was primarily made up of females, but their quality of music is exceptional). They're quirky and different, with one of their most popular songs being 'Dragons Are Real You Have To Believe Me', which says it all really. Obviously being such a new band it's not all perfect, but I can definitely see a solid future for this group.



Afterwards they were just milling around the bar so my friend and I got chatting to them and they're genuinely such lovely guys with an infectious passion and enthusiasm for what they do- if you get the chance to go and see them, do!

Youtube | Studio Session

As Darling Buds | Dragons Are Real

Honor xxx



3 comments

  1. The Darling Buds sound really good I'll have to check them out!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm glad! I love finding new music, it's always fun x

      Delete
  2. Ooh I definitely need to check these guys out - so difficult to find decent music! I'm also impressed with your dancing photography!

    Lois | www.aworthytrend.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete