A Book A Day Keeps Procrastination At Bay...?

Tuesday 11 August 2015 • 2 comments

The title may seem excessive, but in these long summers I could definitely polish off a book in one sitting.

I know there's nothing like the smell of a new book, the feel of it in your hands, and that general excitement of going to a book store, but reading is an expensive hobby and I've recently discovered the delights of free books on my iPad.

Now I've been through A LOT of these, and whilst some are... not so good shall we say, there are some real gems lurking in the depths of knock of 50 Shades of Grey freebies, and I've whittled down some of my favourites.

Often they're the first in a series and are free to entice you in, so they could be opening up a whole new world for you to escape into! I'm aiming to post whenever I'm hooked to a series, here goes...

1. The Key, Jennifer Anne Davis


 


This is the official synopsis for it-

His father’s kingdom is on the brink of upheaval and at the center of it all is an ordinary girl who could be the key to its undoing. When faced with the ultimate choice, will he choose the girl he’s falling in love with or the kingdom he has sworn to protect?
An ordinary girl with an extraordinary past. All she wants is to be free. What she doesn’t realize is that freedom comes with a price she can’t afford to pay. She’s forced to accept the proposal of a prince she despises, even though her heart belongs to someone else . . . his brother.

I'm a sucker for fanstasy novels, and this one ticked my boxes so much that I bought the two remaining books in the trilogy without hesitation. I loved the world building in this, and although the medieval-esque setting of castles, armies and princes can be cliche, I found this fresh and exciting. The writing is fast and pacy, and I cared for the characters- if I can't sympathise or root for the characters in a book I lose interest, but even the villains were intriguing.

I'd definitely recommend this for fantasy and adventure fans, but even if this isn't your usual thing it's worth a go for the pure escapism of it- can't really go wrong with a free book can you?!

Honor xxx

2 comments

  1. This is so useful! Books are so expensive nowadays and I never give the free books a chance. Thank you for narrowing it down to only good ones! Can't wait to read The Key!

    Lois www.aworthytrend.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is, and when you're a speed reader like me you have to find some shortcuts! xxx

      Delete