Monthly Challenges | March

Wednesday 1 March 2017 • No comments

Oh my days did March sneak up on anyone else super quickly?! It feels like Christmas was just a few weeks ago (but that might be due to the absence of Spring and the near continuous snow and ice here...)

I really enjoyed having challenges last month, and forcing myself to step out of my comfort zone a bit. Although some worked better than others (talking to you chocolate- definitely a fan of reducing sugar in other ways and still indulging occasionally), others, like talking to a new person every day was great.

This month, my challenges are slightly more relaxed and mundane, but I think will definitely help to keep up the great quality of life I'm currently enjoying in Oslo. So without further ado/rambling, I give you my March challenges!





1. Write some kick ass essays and assignments

Essays, ha. Shoutout to the University of Oslo and Erasmus for not giving me any deadlines until March because wow I have been a busy little bee, flitting around the country and having a good old time having inordinate amounts of fun. 


But sadly, the time is upon me where I must brave the library for longer than an hour, and trudge through pages of waffle and pretentious academic writing. Despite the fact my grades here don't count, and all I have to do is pass, I'm determined to try my hardest and get the best grades I can with the work coming up. I hate failure and getting bad grades, so this month I want to concentrate a bit more on my work, and a bit less on Gilmore Girls....

2. Finish my to do list of places to visit in Oslo

I love lists. I have lists for everything, and boy do they help me stay on track and organised in my perpetually frantic and busy life. Since coming here, I've created a list of places/areas I want to explore in Oslo before I leave (organised into different categories and themes of course), from blogs, websites and recommendations.


I've already ticked off lots of them, but I want to make the most of my free time here as much as I can, and try and visit them all this month. Then I know that I won't have missed out on anything, and if I find somewhere I love, I can go back again and again.

3. Keep cultivating new friendships

I've talked about new friendships quite a lot on this blog, and the importance of surrounding yourself with wonderful, like-minded people. It's a small challenge, but I want to make sure I always have time for new friends, and organise lots of fun things to do together. There can never be too many great people in your life, and the only way you'll be able to solidify and strengthen friendships is by making time for them.

4. Exercise at least three times per week

Having loved my last challenge in February to try loads of random exercise classes, I'm going to build on this and get my butt to the gym as often as I can. When it's raining and cold and I just cba, it seems so unappealing, but I know that afterwards, I always feel a million times better.


It makes me feel happier about myself, my attitude to life, and just generally is a good mood booster. The eye candy in the gym from these Norse Vikings is never a bad thing either....

5. Make more time for myself!

From a few weeks ago, until the end of March, I have something planned virtually every day. I love being busy, I just can't sit down and do nothing all day, but sometimes those waves of tiredness just hit me. Rather than planning something every day, I'm going to try to give myself a few evenings or mornings every week to chill and do nothing. Learning to relax and that it's okay to just sit and paint my nails for hours or watch a film in the middle of the day if that's what I need is something I thought I was getting better at, but my diary says otherwise!


Bring on March, Spring and warmer days!


Honor xxx

Post a Comment