Holiday Snapshots | A Mini Guide

Friday 29 July 2016 • No comments

Ah England, you were doing so well with the weather, and now you're back your glorious, soggy, unpredictable self. I won't become one of those British stereotypes and moan too much, but real talk, weather if you could make your mind up and be consistent that would be fab okay?

It's been two weeks since I got back from holiday, and I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I've enjoyed being home, I've felt like my holiday's been extended. I've been outside topping up my tan, having BBQs, going to a pirate themed mini golf (the little kid in me was jumping for joy), exploring London some more, and just generally making the most of my surroundings.

But the wanderlust in me is strong, and to curb it somewhat I've put together my highlights of a few places I've visited, to relive some experiences.

Cannes





The south of France has got to be on everyone's bucket list, it's just the most beautiful, elegant and stylish place to visit. High up on every fashion gal's list should be the Armani Caffè on the sea front.

It's such a classy and refined place to have a coffee and people watch whilst basking in the glorious sun. Definitely an enviable location too. It's not overpriced, but there's no pressure for you to order huge amounts, we just lingered over drinks and enjoyed the atmosphere.

The food did look gorgeous, but I saved myself for a gelato which was definitely worth it. I had nutella and pistachio, and just omg all the foodgasms.



Gibraltar

One word for Gibraltar. Monkeys.



If you're going to Gibraltar, my one recommendation would be to get the cable car to the top of the Rock. It has amazing views, and at the top you're rewarded by these cheeky chappies. 

The monkeys have such strong personalities and minds of their own, they definitely held their own against over-enthusiastic selfie takers!



Lisbon



Lisbon is one of the cities that I'm desperate to go back to and explore more, it had the coolest vibe and was so interesting. The architecture is so varied, and there's a lot of history and culture here, just waiting to be discovered. 

We only had a few hours, so we got the obligatory cable car up to the castle, which is definitely worth an explore, even if just for the incredible views at the top. As a history geek, I loved it, but even those in my family not as enthused by it as me, were glad we went.

There's also a music festival there which looks amazing, one of these days I need to go to a festival abroad! I haven't been to any at all this summer *sad face*. Ah well there's always next year, I'm determined to make it to Glastonbury soon!



Literally anywhere


Go on a segway. You won't be disappointed! I dragged my mum on them and we were just giggling the whole time, they're surprisingly easy to manoeuvre and it's an experience best tried exploring a new city.

I'm looking forward to wherever I get to discover next, I recently found out I've been accepted to study in Oslo for a term, so I'm super excited about that at the moment!

Hope you're all having a lovely summer.

Honor xxx

Post a Comment