How To Style | Slip Dress

Sunday 14 August 2016 • 1 comment

Yay velvet is apparently back in for A/W 16 and I actually couldn't be happier about that, like please give me all the velvet clothing in my wardrobe thank you.

Tbh it was never out in my world and I've built up quite a collection but hey a girl can never have enough clothes especially when it's this hot piece of gorgeousness from Zara.





I always wanted to get on board with the whole slip dress thing but tbh a lot of them make me feel like I've forgotten to put on proper clothes and just strolled out in my pyjamas. (Which I have done before but it was just to Sainsburys so that doesn't count because it's so close okay.)

But every time I see them on bloggers I'm like damn she looks cool I really wanna be her, so when I saw this slip dress in Zara I was like yup you need to be in my life.

The velvet makes it feel much more substantial and actual clothes like, plus at £19.99 it basically costs nothing and is definitely a good investment. I've been styling it over a white t shirt and with chunky white flatform trainers, but I'm definitely gonna whack out this baby for a night out with some strappy sandals and nice jewellery.



I got my mum to be my photographer today when we went for a picnic, and I think I drove her mad with how picky I was, but creds to her (for these four out of maybe 50 pretty dodge ones, but props for trying *mwah*) Kinda wanted the ground to swallow me up whole though when an old couple came strolling along when I was posing trying to look all natural and fashiony.

We went to the beautiful Rousham Gardens which I can definitely recommend for a really special picnic and walking spot, it's not far from Bicester and Oxford and is such a peaceful oasis. I took my camera and after snapping away, I can't wait to finally develop the film. A perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon! 

Hope you guys all had a lovely weekend and have a good week ahead, I've only got a week left then I'm off to Machu Picchu woo!

Honor xxx









1 comment