Birthday Trip | Galvin at Windows

Wednesday 8 June 2016 • 2 comments

When it comes to birthdays, I'm literally such a little kid. Like I've been looking forward to it for weeeeks, anyone who's met me is fully aware that yes it is my birthday and yes I will be 19 and yes I am super excited about it.

And boy it has been a good few days. Why have a birthday when you can have multiple days? I like doing things with all my groups of friends so that yay more celebrations and excuses to eat cake and drink too much prosecco and dance like no ones watching because HEY DID YOU KNOW IT'S MY BIRTHDAY.



So I basically had the cutest weekend ever, and the photos from my birthday were too pretty not to share with you guys. 

I went shopping on friday night and bought this dress from Miss Selfridge because I just fell in love with it and felt like a doll or someone from the 1950s. You know when you try something on and you're just like damn I actually look adorable? That was the feels I had all day when I was strutting my stuff.

My lovely friend bought me this matte Urban Decay lipstick for my birthday, so I went full on pin up vibe with classic red lip and black eyeliner. I'm so in love with this lipstick that I'll probably have to do a whole new post on it, because it looks all matte and cool, but feels so creamy and velvety. Plus it stayed all though lunch which is pretty damn impressive considering I ate ALL the food.


So that brings me nicely onto lunch (yo professors see that beaut transition? I've learned stuff this year at uni woo go me).

For my birthday, I really wanted a special memory and to spend time with my favourite people, so I asked my mum to pick someone for lunch and to surprise me.

Damn the girl did good.


I honestly had no idea where we were going, and I always think the anticipation of the surprise is just as fun. We got on a bus from Oxford Street, and I thought we were going to The Dorchester as we going down Park Lane... But the bus carried on.

We got off outside The Hilton and got the lift up to the 28th floor to Galvin at Windows.

Wow.

It's a beautiful Michelin starred restaurant and bar with the most incredible views all across London. The service was brilliant and my mouth is watering thinking about the food.

I'm such a Masterchef gal, and my favourite part is always the presentation, and I definitely wasn't let down here. The food was basically art work, I was just in awe.

Plus it tasted as good as it looked so winneeeeeer.

(I wish my photos did it justice but I was being all cool and classy and trying to discreetly snap pics on my phone rather than whack out my camera. But you get the gist)



They had a three course lunch menu with a glass of Bellini for £30 which I thought was amazing, considering the standard of the food and the incredible presentation. It was more than just three courses, as we had a bread basket (I basically ate it all lol we had to get another one), and homemade chocolates and marshmallows.

This menu was based around British summer, so think twists on your classics. The picture below is of my Pimms trifle and just so much yum. *Insert heart eyes emoji here*

The views alone are practically worth going for, especially as we had a table overlooking Hyde Park.



I can certainly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion, it really was an experience I'll always remember.

We had our coffees in the bar area, and they do a huge selection of bar snacks and drinks, and I saw that every Thursday, Friday and Saturday they have DJs playing. So definitely check that out!

Off to drool over pictures some more...

Honor xxx



2 comments

  1. Happy birthday! I love your red dress :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'm so in love with it I want to wear it everywhere, I keep thinking of ways I can dress it down haha.

      Honor xxx

      Delete