The Music To Watch For 2016

Saturday 27 February 2016 • 1 comment

Festival season is approaching and omg I am So. Excited. They combine two of my favourite things, summer and music, and please can someone give me all the money so I can just tour Europe going to every single one? 

No takers? Damn.

I realised the other day that probably the only time I don't have music playing is when I'm asleep, and for someone as obsessed with music as I am, I don't have nearly enough posts about it.

I've gone through such an indie phase recently (I know, I'm so hipster lol), and have found some amazing bands I have playing on repeat. It's so bad, but whenever I find an artist I like they're on basically every day until I find something else. But hey, if it ever see them live or it starts playing on the radio I'll be see that super cool kid who knows all the words right?!

Blossoms


Since discovering these guys last week, I must have listened to almost all their songs at least 5 times... THEY'RE SO CATCHY OKAY. 

Proper boys in a band indie music, with catchy riffs, but then there's some pretty funky keyboard moments which really makes their music different to a lot of what I listen to. 

Once I listened to one song I had to listen to the next, and I kinda knew already I'd like everything. They came fourth on the BBC's Sound Of new music list for 2016 and I think they're going to be huuuuuuge- they deserve to be.

They're on tour at the moment, so don't do what I did and wait until tickets were all sold out in London to start liking them *SAD FACE*


Cut Me And I'll Bleed

Seafret



I hadn't heard of Seafret before they came on the automatic play thingy on youtube (man I love that thing) but they seem to be getting pretty big. One of their songs has 5 million views, but others are nowhere near that.

They've got such a chilled vibe that I really like, and the lead singers voice is pretty beaut in my humble opinion. It's less aggressive guitars and riffs, and more delicate melodies and lyrics that stay in your head for a while.

They're currently touring with Kodaline, so I can see them doing well after that. Tickets aren't sold out yet so woo I can actually go and see them!

Oceans

Coasts



So much love for Coasts. Their songs are so easy to sing along to, and you'll be humming for ages afterwards. Sorry not sorry.

Although you can tell it's a Coasts song, their stuff isn't repetitive or samey, but just really great. I love the upbeat songs, they're an instant mood lifter and Coasts have become a firm part of my getting ready playlist. 

On a side note I love getting ready playlists- all the cheesiest, happiest, omg I'm getting excited songs.

Oceans (I'm seeing a strong seaside theme here... IDK this is just weird)

Grimes



Ah Grimes, I have the biggest girl crush on you. Can I just please be you?

I'm not even sure how to describe her music, except that's so individual and every song sounds completely different. But they're all linked by her trademark wispy, eerie vocals and abundance of energy and dancing in her videos.

She's becoming pretty well known now for her bold and brilliant fashion statements as well as musical brilliance, and is touring at the moment. (Lol guess who didn't get tickets for her either?)

Flesh without Blood/Life in the Vivid Dream

Future Islands



Watch this. Just watch.

I genuinely can hardly take my eyes off them whenever I watch clips of them performing, it's just so compelling and brilliantly strange.

I love how unique the vocals and lyrics are, and although I'm a die hard electric guitar fan, the synth in this is my jam at the moment.

A Dream Of You And Me

The Hunna



Confession. I didn't really come across The Hunna by being super in the know and really naturally edgy and cool, they're were on a Facebook ad and I figured it was worth a click.

But AH I am so glad I did, I've only found around 4 songs of theirs on youtube so of course I basically know all the words to them because they're just so catchy. They kinda remind me of Coasts sometimes, so if you like them, you might be in for a treat here.

As you may have worked out by now, I'm a sucker for electric guitars and nice lyrics, and this band fulfils this to my heart's content. They're touring, but again I missed the tickets since they're sold out. SIGH.

Bonfire

Who are your favourite bands at the moment? Recommendations always welcome!

Honor xxx

(All photos taken from Google Images)

1 comment

  1. You have such cool music taste! I definitely need to check these out! Thanks for the suggestions <3

    Lois | www.aworthytrend.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete