OOTD | Camouflage Jacket

Wednesday 3 February 2016 • 2 comments


Everyone's got their fashion weak spot; and for me I'm a sucker for shoes and jackets. I think it's the fact that an eye catching shoe or a colour pop jacket can instantly elevate an outfit. 

When I was packing to come to uni in September, I was texting a friend about how many pairs of shoes she was bringing. 'Probably about 8, definitely no more than ten.' 

*cue me sitting on my suitcase to try and cram my 20 odd pairs of trainers, heels, boots, sandals...* 

Hey, there's got to be some advantages to being the same size/height since I was 13ish, means those once pristine boots are not artfully distressed, plus 5 years old is basically vintage right?



But this week, top of my lust list has been this camouflage jacket from Brandy Melville.

This has got to be my new favourite shop, plus the one I went to in London is down such a cute little side street with great shops near Covent Garden.

The cotton is so soft I was practically walking around stroking everything- next time I need to stock up on some basics I'm definitely heading there. The cut and design of their clothes are so beautiful- some classy pieces, and some quirky bits. (This alien patch sweatshirt is calling out to me...)
But it was the jacket I'm wearing in the picture that just needed to be bought and worn immediately. It was one of those items I liked enough on the hanger to try on, and then when I put it on I fell in love with.

It has the vibe of those cool girls you see walking around in a 'I don't try at all I'm naturally fabulous' way- you can just chuck it on and go.

It's one size fits all, and since it's baggy and a little masculine I've been styling it in an ultra feminine way. In the day, I've worn it with a tight fitting sweater and a little black skirt, which is my new go to outfit for uni when I'm too bleary eyed and confused in the mornings to pick something to wear. Equally though, I think it looks cool with skinny jeans and converse with a beanie for a more grungy vibe.


(I loved this photo until I saw my roots lol- time for a hairdresser appointment soon I think. Anyhoo...)

What I like most about this is it's versatility- it's a pretty good transition piece to take you from day to night. I wore this to go clubbing the other day, and it's the perfect cover up- lightweight so you don't boiling after madly dancing but is enough for hopping on the tube to get there. 

Actually, I stole my friend's jacket on the way back since I was basically a human icicle waiting for the night bus but ya know...

Don't even get me started on the multiple pockets on this- a strange thing to comment on but it meant I didn't need a bag since I zipped everything into this. Such a nice novelty not having to worry about dancing with a bulky bag.



Since the mirror in my uni room isn't great for full length photos, the only example of how I styled it is this picture mid-dancing. I wore it with black heeled boots, black faux leather leggings and a crop top, which was a bit different to what I normally wear, but a look I'll definitely try again!

Hope you all had a good January- it's finally February now yay! Spring is just around the corner...

Honor xxx


2 comments

  1. Ah I have major jacket envy! You look so effortlessly cool in it! <3

    Lois | www.aworthytrend.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete