Picture Diary | Paris

Tuesday 11 October 2016 • No comments

A few weeks ago I went to Paris for the weekend to visit of my friends who lived there, and although I've been there before, this time I completely fell in love with the city.

It had the most relaxed, cool vibe, and was somewhere I wanted to stay for months so I could truly get to know it. But it's probably better for my waistline I was only there for the weekend, because oh my days I could eat those incredible croissants all day long...



My friend lives just ten minutes away from the most iconic view in Paris, and from the minute I got off the bus and strolled along the beautiful tree lined boulevards, I could hardly keep the smile off my lips.

After a delectable brunch, I whiled away hours in the Museé d'Orsay, a museum and art gallery housed in an old train station. Although I was there all afternoon, I have a feeling I could have been there all weekend and still not have seen everything- it's truly incredible!


At the moment there's a special focus on the Second Empire, and when I was there, I watched dancers in traditional period dress demonstrating the traditional court dances of the time. It was surreal walking into this amazing space with classical music drifting to the air- certainly refuting the idea that museums are stuffy!

I love impressionism, and the collection of painters was staggering. Seeing works I'd loved for years up close was amazing, and the sheer scale of paintings and sculptures in the museum is staggering. Can't recommend a visit here more highly!


Before I caught my flight back on Sunday (in time to watch Victoria of course because omg new favourite tv show), I ambled around the Jardin du Luxembourg and had breakfast in a gorgeous little square. Definitely a Parisian experience! 

Love Honor xxx




Post a Comment