A Slight Lifestyle Change | Plus Avocado Brownie Recipe

Saturday 28 May 2016 • 2 comments



I can hardly believe how long it's been since I last uploaded, two months is ridiculous!

In this time, my life seems to have changed so much in so many ways. I've got a job, found a house in London, lost and gained friends, finished my first year of university... It's crazy how everything seems to happen at once!

I lost a bit of motivation to blog, and have been so busy with revision that by the time I finished working, the idea of writing another word seemed impossible. But recently I've got into a whole new productive and positive outlook, and I'm so ready to be updating my blog regularly. The prospect of a summer in London, and travelling is super exciting, and I finally have a new camera to document it all properly.



A few months ago I went through a bit of a messy break up and found myself losing so much self confidence, as I'm sure many of you can relate to! But I picked myself up and made changes to my lifestyle, which has left me feeling happier about myself and more confident than I have been in months. 

I started working at a healthy eating chain, which has honestly been one of my favourite things about my first year of university. I've met some amazing people, and working around food led me to question my health choices more than I have done. I've never been particularly unhealthy, but hey I'm a first year student in London- what kind of fresher would I be if I didn't drink too many cocktails and feel like shite the next day?!

 The philosophy of the shop I work in is healthy eating with the occasional beer and brownie, and that just sums up how I feel right now. I normally do the whole panic a week before my holiday when I realise I have to be in a bikini, but this year I started early.

Omg I'm actually organised for once... Is this what being an adult is?!

 

I'm climbing Machu Picchu for charity in the summer, so I've been heading to the gym more to start training a bit for that. I also tried some youtube workouts, and once you push past how annoyingly perky some of the trainers are, they're so good. My favourite ab one at the moment is this XHIT video- the first time I did it I literally could hardy sit up in bed the next morning... oops.

I haven't gone on any crazy fad diets, but I recently downloaded MyFitnessPal and I'm such a convert. Without being completely boring, I've minimised the crap I was eating, and it's inspired me to try more recipes and different foods. 

Me and my best friend made avocado brownies recently and I'm such a fan. (She was not though, quote of the day was her initial 'These are utter shite' comment.) She doesn't like chocolate flavoured things in general though- I know, I don't understand it either.

We had so much fun making these though, and it's got me wanting to try out more healthier baking alternatives. I made up a recipe for peanut butter/banana cookies and they were SO delicious. They looked pretty abysmal though, so didn't quite make the cut for the blog!

I'll be seeing you all soon, but for now me and bestie are off to binge watch Come Dine with Me and try not to ruin our health kick with aaaaall the pringles....

Honor xxx






(Recipe for the brownies here)








2 comments

  1. You look so gorgeous and happy! I'm definitely going to attempt those YouTube videos!

    Lois | www.aworthytrend.blogspot.co.uk <3

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having the best weekend, so I'm glad the photos show that :)

      You definitely should! They can be a killer at first, but I think it's worth it when you can start to see results.

      xxxxx

      Delete