Investment Piece | OOTD

Sunday 24 January 2016 • No comments

Without a doubt, my favourite Christmas present this year was an All Saints leather jacket from my mum, and oh. my. gosh. I never want to take it off. Gig? Born for this. Lectures? Why not. Going out? How practical. Lunch date with friends? Well it goes with everything.

Now these are definitely not a student friendly purchase, but my mum got this with a pretty substantial discount. Although expensive, All Saints do the best sales, 20-30% off makes all the difference when it comes to an investment piece like this. (I haven't even been sponsored to do this post I just love it too much!)

What I like most about this jacket is how versatile it is- I've been wearing it in all weather, for a variety of occasions, and with so many different outfits, but it never fails to nail the effortless cool vibe. Literally you can just throw it on with a shirt and jeans and boom. Cue sassy strutting down the street. (I wish I was joking).


I normally associate leather jackets as somewhat masculine pieces, normally worn with jeans and biker boots, but I wanted to feel a bit more feminine in mine so I paired it with a super cute new skirt from Topshop. I had a few spare hours to kill between lectures one day so I wandered along the Strand with an intention to browse. Just browse. But Topshop you did it again with this one.


It's such a soft, brushed cotton kinda feel, and I just felt so good about myself the minute I put it on. It's a bodycon style, but you can actually breathe in it without feeling like you're going to pop- always a bonus. It's high waisted, so when I wore it with heeled boots to go out the other day I was like DAMN. For a shortie I felt all tall which was a novelty.

Plus, like the jacket, it can be dressed up for a more formal occasion with a sheer blouse and heeled boots, or down for uni with a slouchy, cosy jumper and trainers. At least that's what I told myself to justify the purchase- what else are student grants for?!

But I did feel like this would be worth it for cost per wear- at £18 with my student discount this didn't exactly break the bank. Nope, what did break the bank was a trip to the coolest underground wine bar, Gordons- so worth it though. I can definitely recommend it for a special catch up with friends- but more of that in another post.


I'm really into skirts and boots at the moment, and these beauties from Topshop are just my ultimate. Super comfy and warm, they're actually quite practical- my grandma always comments on my shoes and how they're 'impractical' 'dangerous' etc, but she gave the chunky sole on these her seal of approval. 

I've wandered all around London in these and not only are my feet not sore, they're toasty warm despite the sudden weather change. (Wherever this cold spell came from, go back there please I'm not enjoying my 9am walks to lectures in this).


But actually I have been enjoying my morning walks to uni this term, catching up with friends and blowing away the cobwebs is far more enjoyable than having your head crushed into someone's arm pit on the Northern line at rush hour. Plus think of all the money I'm saving that can be spent elsewhere! 

I've only been back at uni for a week. I'm SO bad at justifying my purchases sigh.

But hey, my jacket's perfect for bundling up with a beanie for a brisk walk along the South bank.



Today's outing was with my best friend Lois for brunch and a general mooch around Covent Garden, and man. That brunch deserves a post of its own- major foodgasms were had.

So useful having a best friend that blogs to take pictures, we had hundreds since we kept moaning about our faces and awkward hands. Ah the struggles.

Blogging, brunch and bestie- what more could you want for a Sunday?!

Honor xxx





Post a Comment