How To Style | The Statement Coat

Tuesday 3 October 2017 • 2 comments

Remember me? After starting the year with such high hopes about regularly blogging, it gradually petered out until I ended up posting nothing all summer.... I was definitely stuck in a blogging rut, and couldn't think of any posts I was desperate to write. I think after exams, the last thing I wanted to do was write and concentrate, and I was barely home this summer (although I will never complain about how much travelling I've done).

I'm back feeling ready to write, photograph and get creative again which is the best feeling, and I think living in London during Autumn/Winter helps, because it's definitely my favourite time of the year to live here. We've got it all- overpriced artisanal coffees which taste like Christmas, huge parks to crunch through all the fallen, burnished, beautiful leaves, lights and magical evening walks along the Thames, and ALL the food markets.

After being in Norway for six months, I'm back in London and I have to say, I've missed it. My first proper week back has been a wonderful whirlwind, reminding me of how much I love this city. 

This statement coat has been worth every penny, taking me from Summer to Autumn with ease- instead of chucking it on top of dresses during balmy evenings, I'm toughening it up and cosying up in it as I match my Autumnal surroundings.



It's quite an intimidating colour, and it's certainly a divisive piece- rarely have I worn something which has caused almost everyone who has seen me in it to comment about it! But I love the feeling of bringing a pop of colour into my life- when I'm hurrying around London I definitely stand out amongst a sea of muted palettes. 

When I first bought it, I wasn't entirely sure how easy it would be to style, but I've been proven wrong as it's become one of the most versatile items in my wardrobe, surprisingly! It livens up any outfit I think looks a bit simple or plain, and adds a fun contrast to something more out there. 

I wore it here for lunch and an afternoon of relaxing with my bestie, pairing it with a simple cami and  jeans, but I've worn it to more formal occasions with a dress and heels.






Jewellery wise I kept things simple, some earrings I recently picked up in the gothic quarter of Barcelona, a ring I got there too, my signet ring which never leaves my pinky, and an Olivia Burton watch. (Similar here)

Really, this watch deserves a whole post of its own. Having ridiculous tiny hands and wrists (a Christening bracelet from when I was six years old still fits, and my mum says I have dinosaur hands like a T-Rex...), this watch fits perfectly and goes with everything. It's so delicate and feminine, and I never leave the house without it on!

My trusty black choker and a necklace from Links of London finished my look, although I'm definitely on the hunt for some more rings. Christmas is calling... 





These boots are just a DREAM. Having lusted over some Topshop ones which my student loan did not approve of, I headed to New Look and got these beauties which, at under £30, did not break the bank at all. They're comfy and I've been wearing them non stop since I got them with everything from floral dresses, to skirts, to jeans in this look.

The slightly pointed toe makes them feel quite feminine, although they do give outfits a tougher edge which I like. Biker/buckled style boots are definitely a staple in my A/W17 wardrobe!





I'm looking forward to writing up some posts about my travels this summer, as well as more outfit/style posts. Gotta justify those Asos/Office/Topshop orders somehow right?

Photo creds to Lois who patiently snapped away until we nailed it. (Or so we thought... does anything else start cringing when they see their photos in HD on a big screen and suddenly start deleting everything?!) 

Feeling so excited about Autumn and being back in London (after (9 months!) so I promise the next post will be up sooner than in 3 months...

Love, Honor xxx

2 comments

  1. The outfit is lovely! The watch was my favorite detail :)

    http://www.desiringsme.com/fall-outfits-camel-coat/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate you look so beautiful! <3 Completely nailed the orange coat for autumn! I've missed your posts so much - please do more!

    Lois | aworthytrend.com

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete